October 4-5, 2018 | Bali, Indonesia | Climate Change
Towards a Regional Energy Modernization Investment Agenda: Stranding Risks and Decarbonization Challenges in South East Asia
This workshop will provide an initial platform for dialogue and potential collaboration across the region to discuss challenges and opportunities in keeping the region’s energy systems aligned with current development needs and future economic goals.
The overall objectives of strengthening dialogue and collaboration in Southeast Asia are:
- Dialogue and collaboration will set forth regulatory, energy policy, and market changes to pursue in the region.
- These changes can be supported by multinational corporations and financial institutions with a large presence in the region.
- International partners including donor governments, international organizations, and philanthropies can provide technical and financial assistance and capacity building for the region.
- Regional policy processes like ASEAN can bring about momentum through policy coordination and political leadership.
- A clear set of policy changes can be communicated to development finance institutions in the East Asia region to further enable the energy transition.
The workshop will identify areas of cooperation with regard to possible action plans within individual countries and explore potential regional approaches that can generate support in terms of finance and policy expertise. It will also look into ongoing and forthcoming energy transition initiatives and forums promoted by international development and philanthropic communities around the world.
The dialogue will be hosted by the Center for Economic Research of the Indonesian Institute of Sciences (Lembaga Ilmu Pengetahuan Indonesia-LIPI), Climate Policy Initiative Indonesia, Institute for Essential Services Reform, Institute for Climate and Sustainable Cities, and the Stanley Center, in partnership with the Growald Family Fund, Children Investment Fund Foundation, and European Climate Foundation.
Program OfficerClimate Change
December 11, 2018Together Possible: How Domestic Alliances for Climate Action Can Accelerate the Low-Carbon Transition
February 26-27, 2019International Roundtable on the Future of Thermal Coal
March 18-19, 2019Green Bank Design Summit
Climate ChangeShifting to Sustainable Consumption for 1.5°C: Gaps, Solutions, and New Policy Agendas